Blasblog: Heaven Is A Tiny Little Place Called The Pianoke Room

I’ve followed the fine folks from Purple magazine all over the French Riviera this week (a quick visit to www.purple-diary.com could tell you as much, but please don’t forward some of those pictures to my mom). Their fourth annual Cannes Film Festival fête, held last night at a temporary seaside outpost of Le Baron, made for a fabulous finale. Things were typically Purple: deviant behavior masterminds Olivier Zahm and André Saraiva for ringleaders, a DJ set from Caroline Gaimari (center, above), and loads and loads of pretty people. Liya Kebede was there fresh from the Chopard Female Revelation award we told you about yesterday, having a dance-off with her entourage. And while a supermodel dance-off is typically a highlight for me, this party had something even better: a tiny little space referred to as the Pianoke Room, only accessible via a small door within a door, where sing-alongs took place. That meant a live pianist (who someone told me was a former gigolo) led all the hipsters on renditions of show tunes. I mean, I was in heaven!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.