Christine Bleakley admits she's in two minds over BBC & ITV tug-of-war

Christine Bleakley (Pic:RexFeatures) 450

Itv last night upped its multimillion pound offer to Christine Bleakley - and reopened the door for a reunion with Adrian Chiles.

The One Show host, 31, yesterday claimed "I am torn" when describing the tug-of-war battle between BBC and ITV.

Her comments were a far cry from 72 hours earlier when she committed her future to the BBC.

It's believed ITV boss Peter Fincham "turned her head" with an incredible offer after her comments.

He is tempting her with a £6million deal plus bonuses and extra holiday of up to 10 weeks a year, meaning she won't have too many early mornings on the GMTV show.

By contrast the BBC's offer was for £1million over two years for The One Show, but she could earn extra for new Saturday night shows.

A bbc source said: "Our offer won't change. We love working with Christine but we can't get into a bidding war with licence fee money." Christine, who has signed to the same management company as Chiles, said: "My contract with the BBC ends shortly. I'm flattered to have received great offers from both the BBC and ITV, which I now have to decide between. I am torn.

"On one hand I am really keen to work again with Adrian. We have a brilliant relationship on and off screen, although I can't say I'd relish the idea of dealing with him at 5am every morning!

"On the other hand the BBC is incredibly good to me and I'm close to everyone on The One Show, which I love presenting.

The BBC's plans for The One Show are very exciting.

"I expect to make a decision very soon."

A source at ITV said: "We are keen to have Christine working on GMTV. Her and Adrian would be the dream ticket. Adrian will have a lot of time off because of his hosting of the Champions League, so we want to give Christine time off too."

A bbc spokesman said last night: "Christine is contracted to the BBC and we will be talking to her about future projects in due course."

Christine water skiied across the Channel in March for Sport Relief. And she took to the board again for a photo shoot in in July's issue of Glamour magazine, which is out now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.