Jackie Chan: Too old for action?

Jackie Chan said he wants to give drama a try

Jackie Chan thinks he is getting too old to star in action movies, and wants to give drama a try.

The 56-year-old martial artist, actor and filmmaker - who stars in Will Smith's new remake of The Karate Kid with Will's son Jaden - revealed: "I want to be an Asian Robert DeNiro."

Jackie said: "Action stars' life is very short and back in Asia, I can do whatever I like to do, I'm the producer, the director, I can do so many things, but in Hollywood, anytime I present a script it's, 'No, no, no, Rush Hour 3, Rush Hour 4.' I'm not young any more, I cannot do these things."

The Rush Hour star revealed he met Will in a restaurant in Japan and they agreed to work together.

He told how he is proud of the film as he hopes it shows he can act in serious roles.

Jackie revealed: "Then finally he calls me and goes, 'Let's do Karate Kid.' Karate Kid? I thought, 'I'm the karate kid.' I say, 'Who's the master?' He says, 'You.'

"Oh, I forget how old I am."

Jackie explained he asked Will if he trusted him to act a part that did not require him to show off his action skills, and felt honoured to be cast in such a role.

He said: "I really appreciate it. Now it's proof I can act, I want to be an Asian Robert DeNiro."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.