Orlando Bloom 'chuffed' at honorary degree in Kent


Orlando Bloom and his fiance Miranda Kerr Orlando Bloom and his fiancee Miranda Kerr attended the ceremony in Kent

Actor Orlando Bloom said he was "chuffed" to receive an honorary degree from the University of Kent.

The 33-year-old star took his place alongside graduates for the ceremony at Canterbury Cathedral in the city where he was born.

He was joined by his fiancee Miranda Kerr, his parents and sister Samantha.

Also honoured with a degree was fellow actor David Suchet, best known for his title role in the TV adaptation of Agatha Christie's Poirot.

Bloom first caught the attention of audiences in Peter Jackson's award-winning Lord Of The Rings trilogy and went on to star in Pirates of the Caribbean.

He said: "It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honoured to be back in my home town.

"I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury.

"I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honour and I feel chuffed, as does my mother - nobody more than my mother."

Bloom was also set to visit the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury where he made his stage debut aged four.

The venue is being redeveloped at a cost of £25.6m and is due to reopen in autumn 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.