Golden quotes from Oscar winners, KATHRYN BIGELOW, BEST DIRECTOR FOR THE HURT LOCKER

Golden quotes from Oscar winners, KATHRYN BIGELOW, BEST DIRECTOR FOR THE HURT LOCKER


KATHRYN BIGELOW, BEST DIRECTOR FOR THE HURT LOCKER
There's no other way to describe it – it's the moment of a lifetime. I'd just like to dedicate this to the whttp://women and men in the military who risk their lives on a daily basis in Iraq and Afghanistan and around the world, and may they come home safe."

Backstage, when asked how it felt to be the first woman director to win an Oscar she said, "I hope I'm the first of many and of course I'd love to think of myself as just a filmmaker and that (in the future)...the modifier would be a moot point, but I'm also happy to be an inspiration."

JEFF BRIDGES, BEST ACTOR FOR CRAZY HEART

"Thank you Mom and Dad for turning me on to such a groovy profession."

Backstage, when asked about career ups and downs, Bridges said, "As the dude says, it's all strikes and gutters. That's about it," referring to his wildly popular character in The Big Lebowski.

SANDRA BULLOCK, BEST ACTRESS FOR THE BLIND SIDE

"Did I really earn this, or did I just wear you down?"

Backstage she joked about the fact she had earned a worst actress Razzie one day earlier for her role in All About Steve. "They're going to sit side by side as they should. We're in the entertainment business and that's what we're supposed to do – take the good with the not so good. It's the great equalizer. Nothing too good happens before something chops me off at the knees. They'll be near each other... but the Razzie will be lower."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.