Dia Mirza: I hold no grudges

HUM TUM AUR GHOST hasn't worked at the box office but one can't take the spunk out of Dia Mirza. Though many believe that after working in more than three dozen films, Dia hasn't quite found her due, she faces the situation quite bravely sans any sense of regret.
"Let me put it this way that when I look back at my life, I have got much more than what I had expected out of it. I lead a very comfortable life and thank God for all the opportunities that He has given me. As for the work that I have done then I don't make bones about the fact that I have done several films for friends. I think it is sometimes important that since God has given you a place from where you can do a good deed, you should never regret any act of yours", she flashes that million dollar smile.

She continues to maintain her stand around not holding grudges for any of her colleagues, counterparts of friends.

"I guess there are very few of us who are enjoying a good standing and respect in the industry in spite of some failures. We have seen that so many times in the industry. Having said that, I have personally evidenced examples where pure talent has been completely sidelined in favour of something which promises box office returns. Now that's disappointing for sure", says Dia.

However, after spending close to a decade in the industry, she is quite aware of the ground reality. "In the end all this goodwill boils down to - 'Oh, she is such a good girl. I really love her'. But when it comes to casting, unless you have a super hit behind you, nothing else matters. I am very acutely aware that one Friday changes everything", she concludes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.