The Times dresses the readers: the language expert

Iwona Beak 36, co-founder of Language Connect

T2 Fashion Street style: woman

I don’t take fashion risks, so I’ve never had a faux pas. I like classic outfits that are timeless and safe. That said, I love the transformation that clothes allow. At the moment, I’m 20 weeks pregnant and struggling to find clothes for parties this summer.

What do you dislike about fashion?

Any style over the top, extreme, shocking — I perceive fashion as a practical solution to make you look and feel good, so anything creating a negative impression of disharmony is the antithesis of fashion to me.

Whose style do you admire and why?

Gwyneth Paltrow and Victoria Beckham represent the classic style that I like. I appreciate an emphasis on gorgeous, healthy hair, skin and a positive attitude to life (Victoria should smile a lot more, though). I admire Audrey Hepburn’s style.

What is more important, looking good or feeling good?

In my opinion, looking and feeling good go hand-in-hand which confirms my practical take on fashion.

Printed silk chiffon dress, £248, Winter Kate at my-wardrobe.com; sequined flat shoes, £49.99, Zara (020-7534 9500); gold metal drop earrings, £50, and gold metal necklace worn as bracelet, £85, Jaeger (0845 5210495).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.