O'Hara holds Spurs hope

Midfielder still keen to make his mark at White Hart Lane

O'Hara holds Spurs hope

O'Hara: Tottenham fan


    Jamie O'Hara admits he is still hoping to resurrect his career at boyhood idols Tottenham Hotspur.

    The midfielder has spent the vast majority of the 2009/10 campaign on loan at struggling Portsmouth, after slipping down the pecking order at White Hart Lane.

    He has been a rare plus point for the struggling South Coast club this season, with a number of impressive displays helping to strengthen his reputation.

    It remains to be seen what the future holds for the combative 23-year-old, with competition at Spurs as fierce as ever, but O'Hara has revealed that he will sit down with Harry Redknapp over the summer before deciding on his next move.

    He said: "I'm a Spurs player on loan at Portsmouth. I have had a fantastic time, the Portsmouth fans have been absolutely brilliant with me and everyone at the club, I have really enjoyed it. But I will be going back to Tottenham in the summer.

    "Tottenham's a fantastic club and any person in the Premier League would love to play for Tottenham. I'm a Tottenham fan and I have loved playing for Tottenham every time I have put the shirt on, but I will have to sit down in the summer and have a chat with the gaffer and see what he wants from me.

    "If he feels it is time for me to move on hopefully I have done enough this season for a few clubs to be interested."

    Rules

    Meanwhile, Pompey boss Avram Grant has expressed his disappointment at the ongoing troubles at Fratton Park.

    The club have become the first in Premier League history to enter administration, virtually condemning them to relegation, but Grant feels the authorities are wrong to punish the current set-up for the ill-discipline of former owners.

    "I have said my opinion and I will say it again - I respect the rules, everybody has to respect the rules, but there is something illogical about this," said the Israeli coach.

    "The logic needs to see that if someone here did something wrong, the people here do not deserve to be victims - not the fans, not the staff, not the players."

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    copyright Oxkoon Inc.