Dancing On Ice: Danniella Westbrook smiles through her disappointment after missing out on final

Danniella Westbrook put a brave face on her disappointment at not reaching the Dancing On Ice finals in an appearance on This Morning today.

Looking elegant in a black dress, she chatted with show hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby alongside partner Matthew Gonzalez.

And even though the previous week she had topped the leader board she said she said she knew she would be the next to go.

 Danniella Westbrook

Still smiling: Danniella Westbrook said she was happy to come to the end of her run on show Dancing On Ice

 Matthew Gonzalez and Danniella Westbrook.

Friends: Danniella with ice dance partner Matthew Gonzalez on This Morning today

The former EastEnders actress, who was voted off the ITV1 reality show last night, admitted that she was shocked to have even made it so far.

She told This Morning: 'I sort of knew all week [that I was going]. I just did. And you know what. I can't believe I got as far as I did.'

And she said she touched by the fact that people made the effort to vote for her.

'It has been the most humbling experience. This country is going through a bad time and people still picked up the phone and voted. That meant more for me than reaching the semi-final.'

But there was some relief at leaving the gruelling schedule behind.

Relief: Danniella said she was a 'mummy not a dancer' and will now take a long break in LA

When Schofield asked how relieved she was to be leaving the programme on 'a scale of one to ten', she said: 'I'm probably a ten. Because as much as I appreciated everyone voting for me, and I'd still have given it my all if I'd stayed, I'm not a natural ice skater.'

Mother of two Danniella added: 'I'm not a dancer. I'm a mummy!'

The ex-EastEnders actress revealed she is now off to LA. 'I'm going for a long holiday out there for a while," she said. 'But I'm still here working for while.'

Following a hard-fought semi-final, the former EastEnders actress was sent packing - meaning she misses out on next week's grand finale.

Dancing On Ice

Danniella Westbrook, seen with dancing partner Matthew Gonzalez, was sent home after the semi-finals of Dancing On Ice

Hayley Tamaddon, Kieron Richardson and Gary Lucy will now all battle it out to take the winner's title.

Danniella faced the skate off with with Gary, who was saved by three of the five judges, despite slipping over at the end of his routine.

Judges Karen Barber, Nicky Slater and Robin Cousins all voted to save Gary while Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner chose Danniella.

Head judge Cousins ruled that Gary's slip happened when his routine had finished - so the Ice Panel didn't take it into account in reaching a decision.

Speaking after the result, 36-year-old Danniella graciously wished her fellow competitors the best of luck and said she was happy to have made it this far.

She said: 'What can I say. It's been absolutely amazing. To come this far for me is amazing.'

Dancing On Ice

Danniella got the party started with a performance to the David Guetta and Kelly Roland dance song, When Love Takes Over

Danniella came joint bottom on the leader board following her performance to the David Guetta and Kelly Roland dance song, When Love Takes Over.

She scored 23 out of 30 for the routine - following her leader board-topping score of 27.5 last week - giving her the worst score of the night along with Hollyoaks star Kieron.

This week the stars were required to perform the first 30 seconds of their routine alone - without their professional skating partners.

Judge Nicky Slater told Danniella after her routine that she created energy in the dance moves, but added: 'Your skating skills are tentative compared to some of the others in the competition.'

But Karen Barber disagreed, saying: 'We were clearly looking at different things. There was a little slip, but that was Matt, not Danniella.'

Emma added: 'There's something about your performances that give me tingles and you make me smile.'

Gary Lucy

Gary Lucy and professional skating partner Maria Filippov slipped over at the end of their performance in the skate-off, but the judges discounted it


0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.