SWISS GREENS
Snowboard.jpg

The third edition of the Green Fashion Switzerland took place on the 12th of February during the Natur Gala at the Music Theater Basel. I made my way to the event despite the rain and the freezing weather but it was definitely worth it! A lot has changed since the first Green Fashion Switzerland back in 2008. I remember it quite well because it was the first eco fashion fair I ever attended during my research on ethical fashion in Switzerland. It was a great platform (still is!) to get an initial insight into the green fashion movement and learn that so much is being done in Switzerland. However the old location was a bit small and crowded, and although the fashion show was really nice, I thought the glamour factor was missing.

Definitely not so this year! The Green Fashion Switzerland 2010 at the Music Theater Basel was a glamorous evening full of beautiful clothes, emotions, good music and especially a great show! Showing more than 20 Swiss and international brands, the Green Fashion Switzerland stayed loyal to its roots by presenting a great mix of models and incredible dancers. The fashion show started off with the Swiss pioneer Naturaline, who surprised me with basics in nice looking fabrics and fresh colors. The dresses by the Swedish designer Gudrun Sjödén made me wish for spring; and Switcher, another Swiss pioneer also managed to surprise me with its most fashionable basics yet. Innovation was clearly one of the main themes in this year’s events. “PET goes fashion” was presented together with the shopping platform 7skygreenroom. Many brands like Patagonia, Zimtstern, Nike Considered presented very stylish snowboard outfits made of more than 50% recycled PET. But my personal highlight was this year’s cooperation with EcoChic Geneva. The “best-of” collection of Eco-Chic included elegant and sexy evening gowns by Noir, *Magdalena Schaffrin, Beatriz Canedo Patiño and FIN among others. I’m proud that the Swiss ethical industry is becoming so fashionable and I’m definitely looking forward to next year’s Green Fashion Switzerland!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.