Job Hunting

It’s Tough These Days
I was amazed this week when I ran an ad on Craig’s List for a successful client of mine that is hiring. The ad broke on Sunday and I was immediately bombarded with inquiries. By the end of the day on Monday the number totaled over 50. What amazed me more than anything were the sloppy e-mails and horrible resumes I got. You would think that someone looking for work would realize the importance of the first impression made via e-mail. I saw such things as blank subject lines, empty text boxes, attachments without labels, basic misspelling and poor grammar with no sense of punctuation rules. Most amazing of all were the college students and even graduates that were among the poorly worded applications.
Besides the bad imagery and poor wording, I had people applying for a clearly defined retail selling job with absolutely no relative experience. I got the feeling that they were just responding to every ad listed. I wanted to send most of them a copy of E-Mail Etiquette Made Easy, but I doubted if it would ever be read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.