Jose wary of emotions

Internazionale boss wants to keep feelings in check

Jose wary of emotions

Mourinho: Set for emotional return

    Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho is hoping to keep his emotions in check when he returns to Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

    The 'special one' will lead the Italian champions out for their UEFA Champions League tie against Chelsea with a 2-1 lead from the first leg in the San Siro.

    It is expected to be an emotional night for all concerned in West London, as both sides look to book their place in the last 16 of Europe's elite competition.

    Mourinho will return to the club where he spent three successful years in charge, and he is hoping his head will take control of his heart.

    "The good thing is that I don't have far to walk (at Stamford Bridge)," he said.

    "From the dressing room to the bench is five metres. I don't have to cross the stadium, I don't have to feel the emotions and reactions from the crowd. I will just sit there and play my game.

    "The players play on the pitch, I play outside. They are much more important than me, because on the pitch you win matches, not on the bench.

    "But I will be there with my heart fully on either side. That's what a professional does. I don't hide that Chelsea are a very important part of my life."

    Lady luck

    The eccentric Portuguese tactician won the Champions League with Porto back in 2004, and it is European glory that is the main target for the Nerazzurri this term.

    But Mourinho knows that however good a side Inter are, every team needs a bit of luck if they are going to go all the way.

    He added: "It's really about details; lucky or unlucky in the draw, if the ball that hits the post goes in or out, the player that is suspended and cannot play a crucial game, the timing of injuries whereby a team goes into a game missing two or three key players, a refereeing decision that can go for or against you.

    "Of course, only a very good team can win the Champions League, but I can find seven, eight, nine teams who can win the competition. It's so hard to predict."

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    copyright Oxkoon Inc.