ANDERSON DENIES FERGUSON FALL-OUT

Brazilian needed a mental break

ANDERSON: Denies a spat with Ferguson
ANDERSON: Denies a spat with Ferguson

The Brazil midfielder, who also misses the World Cup finals, was axed by Ferguson after the Carling Cup semi-final first leg defeat to Manchester City.

He returned to South America and sat out a number of games before being reinstated to the starting line-up for the clash with West Ham.

However, an awkward fall early on brought an abrupt end to his campaign.

"I had no problem with Alex Ferguson, as many people said," Anderson argued to TVI.

"I stopped playing for a few weeks because I needed a break to rest my head.

"I felt the ligaments snap in the back of the knee," he recalled.

"The game was only six minutes old, I was feeling well and this happened to me.

"But this is football and things can happen when you least expect it."

Anderson, 21, will undergo his operation in Oporto and rehabilitate there.

"Knee injuries are always tricky and I want to do a good job of physiotherapy to be 100 percent at the start of next season," he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

copyright Oxkoon Inc.