Schumacher raring to go

German excited by F1 comeback

Schumacher raring to go

Schumacher: Excited by F1 return

The decision to make my comeback feels like a long time ago now and I can hardly wait for the season to get under way in Bahrain.

Michael Schumacher
Quotes of the week


    Michael Schumacher has likened his expectation ahead of the new Formula One season to "a child looking forward to Christmas".

    Just a week remains until the new season gets underway, with the opening two practice sessions for the Bahrain Grand Prix set for next Friday.

    And seven-time champion Schumacher, who confirmed before Christmas he was ending three years in retirement to make his comeback at the age of 41, is desperate to return to the grid.

    Comeback

    "Finally the season will start," said Schumacher.

    "The decision to make my comeback feels like a long time ago now and I can hardly wait for the season to get under way in Bahrain.

    "It's funny to think I will be competing in Formula One again when just a few months ago, I would have categorically declined the opportunity.

    "But sometimes things change and the right circumstances come together. Now I feel fresher than I have for many years. I am perfectly prepared physically, and most importantly my energy is back completely.

    "When I retired from racing in 2006, my batteries were simply empty. Now they are totally recharged and I am ready for the challenge."

    Schumacher's new Mercedes team, formerly Brawn GP, have performed particularly well in the pre-season.

    However, less than three tenths of a second separated McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Mercedes on the final day of testing in Barcelona on Sunday, and Schumacher insists it is too early to call who has the advantage.

    Competitive

    "It is always difficult to predict the form in pre-season testing, this year more than ever," added Schumacher.

    "But the final test in Barcelona proved to us that we should be competitive.

    "We know we will have more new parts in Bahrain which should bring extra performance to the car.

    "It's important to be in the leading group from the start of the season, and I am confident we will be there."

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    copyright Oxkoon Inc.