Sackey eyes fresh start

England wing relishing new challenges in France

Sackey eyes fresh start

Sackey: Fresh start

Toulon want to become a great French club again and that desire is attractive. For that reason, I feel that Toulon is made for me.

Paul Sackey
Quotes of the week


    England winger Paul Sackey has insisted that a need for a "fresh start" lay behind his reasons to join Toulon on a two-year deal from Wasps.

    The 30-year-old will end his five-year association with Wasps at the end of the season to join fellow England internationals Jonny Wilkinson and Tom May at Toulon.

    And Sackey, who has won two Guinness Premiership titles, the Heineken Cup and the Powergen Cup at Wasps after joining them from London Irish, is looking ahead to a new challenge.

    "I spoke to Tom May and others and they all told me that the club and the passion of the supporters were incredible," he said.

    "But, above all, I took this decision to have a fresh start.

    "I wanted to change my environment and lifestyle. I could have gone to Paris, but that was too similar to London.

    "I wanted to experience a real change, by signing for a club that offers me something different and has a lot of ambition.

    "Toulon want to become a great French club again and that desire is attractive. For that reason, I feel that Toulon is made for me."

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    copyright Oxkoon Inc.